In her case I would say bad luck. Poor Sweethart. Yesterday morning after eating her breakfast I let the Dogs out for a break. When I went back to let them in (3 minutes later) I noticed she was holding her foot funny. After trying to examine it myself. I decided a vet was needed. I'm glad I did. She has 2 broken bones. We (the vet and myself) think that one of the bigger dogs must have stomped on it. I would say Bomber. He is a big footed dumbhead. He has no idea where he feet are going half the time. I love him to death and so does Sweethart. They are the best of friends. I'm sure it was a accident. Luckly it was a clean small break. It should heal just fine. Six weeks of that splint. Changing it every week and she will be fine. Today she is running around as usual. (I wish she would relax or at least take it easy). Except that akward stiff thing. That is a huge relief to me. It took 3 trips to the vet to get it right. I Thank Andy soooooooo much for being here. I didn't have to take the kids with me to the vet appts. He stayed home with them for me. (Abe was at work) I think the first splint must have been hitting something wrong to cause her great pain. She was crying constantly like someone was trying to cut her tail off with a butter-knife. It was hard to listen to . Once they put a new splint on she was fine. I wish her a quick recovery. She is getting a lot of TLC in the mean time. 
3 comments:
Aye, matey! She looks like she could be a sailor on Capt Jack Sparrows Black Pearl! She does look pretty sad :(
Oh goodness! Poor sweetheart. She looks so cute. I'm so sad for her. I hope she heals okay. Poo little baby! It's a good thing you caught it right away.
poor girl. alex is going crazy sitting next to me- she loves dogs :)
Post a Comment