Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tornado Seasion

Yesterday I heard about a tornado that hit in Aurora. More specifically, Southland Mall. My Favorite mall of all time. I miss it. I was so sad when I looked at pictures. I kept saying  things Like "No, Not Red-Brick Pizza. I loved it." and "Oh Man, Not that!" I have now lived in Colorado for 9 years and have been lucky to not ever get close enough to see one with my won eyes. At least, not until Today. The day we closed on our house last year there was one close to it. But we were still in Denver at the time.  
Today Cassidy had an appt. with her dad the Dentist. She gets better every time. I was very proud of her. The boys did great too. Although all they had to do was wait quietly. After she was all done, I took them to the toy store to get a prize. The boys only got a small one of course. We were on our way home (only 1 block from the toy store) when I heard THAT sound. It is very unmistakable. It makes your heart drop when you hear it. It only took me like .02 seconds to know what it was for. A TORNADO! My eyes went right up to the sky in front of me and there it was. A twister in the sky. I looked to my right to see everyone at the gas station taking pictures of it. I then realized that it was not touching the ground yet and that my light was green and I needed to go. So my first thought of safety was Abe. Lucky for me his office is  only 3 blocks away. I was a long 3 blocks though. We went inside to wait it out. It never did touch down. Abe decided since I was there to clean my teeth. Next time I 'll take my chances with the Tornado though. A cleaning turned into a filling. I Hate getting numb. Now that the numb has worn off I can say he did a good job. It feels good and I am better off. It turned into a day of lot os surprises. Not at all what I expected.

If you want to see a picture of what I saw click this

4 comments:

Charlie and; Deby Miller said...

Just one word - wow!

Laura said...

That is so scary. I would've peed my pants!!!! I probably would have been more scared to get a filling though. Yuck.

Juline said...

Tornados scare me! I am should figure out when I can come out and see you guys. Tell Abe I still need my wisdom teeth pulled and maybe I could even bring the kids and have him check them out too. I am happy to see you guys are alive and well in CO. I miss you guys. You guys are awesome!

Phil Hanamaikai said...

Its still raining every day in Idaho but at least I don't have to worry about tornados. It's was great to hear your voice again. travelinghanamaikais.blogspot.com