Sunday, March 29, 2009

Luke is 5

So Yesterday was his birthday party. He was so excited about it. He picked out a Mario Party. I did a search for Mario cakes and was surprised at what I found. It's worth checking out if your thinking about it. I was close to making each child a little mushroom cupcake but in the end went with this big one. I gave my idea to my friend who makes cakes and GOOD TASTING!. Yummy. Abe said it was better then our wedding cake. He ate so much he made him self sick. 
I had fun decorating for the party. Lots of curling ribbon, streamers, wall stickers. Stars confetti. Balloon's. 
When I went to party City to have them fill up my balloons I was not happy with how much $ they wanted per balloon. They were cheaper then others but still. Not worth it. So I only filled up 13 balloon's and decided I would put Abe's hot air to work. Cassidy is pretty good too. She just needed help to tie.  

After all the guests arrived the games began. We started with the great game Uncle Lee and Aunt Brandy gave him last week for his birthday. A dash game. Then Sarah made a Luigi for our bean bag toss. (or in my case, Kuishi Ball toss)She is very talented. Seriously, this party would not have been as good with out my friends help. 
Later we used Luigi again for a Buzz-Bomb Balloon game. Who ever got the balloon closest wins. You can see all the balloons flying through the air. This one we only played 1 time. I was not wanting to blow up other kids balloons after they got spit all over it trying to blow them up them-self. I would recommend a pump if you want to play this game.

Luke got a lot of great toys. Thank you to all his friends. He will be busy for a while. Abe I decided to get him Mario party driving game for the Wii. Cassidy and John got him another steering wheel. 2 people can drive. He has been playing it a lot since his party. In fact I bet you can't guess where he is right now. 
I am glad it is all over. I wish I could say I can relax now. However, Now I have to start the plans for Cassidy's party. She still can't decide what it will be. She has a couple of ideas. Of course Hanna Montana is one. I trying to talk her out of that one though. How do you do a Hannah Cake?High School Musical,  Fancy Nancy, Lady Bugs, TInker Bell. Just some other of her ideas. Its no wonder she can't decide. 

1 comment:

Charlie and; Deby Miller said...

Looks like it was a great party. Can't belive Luke is 5.