For my Birthday Abe decided it was time I learned how to snowboard. Yes, Abe's idea. I will agree I was due for a trip to a ski resort. I have lived in Colorado for just about 9 years and have never been to one. Mostly due to the mommy making business. My first time up was the day after my birthday. We went with some friends, the Gilberts. I was happy to have a friend who was learning with me. We both are new to this. We went to Loveland. I couldn't have asked for a better first day. The weather was perfect! We had the whole mountain to ourselves. There were more workers then guests by far. My mom was in town so she stayed home with the kids. Thank You MOM!!!!
It took me a while to recover from the learning. My legs, Butt, & wrists were worked. I felt like I had just gotten over it when Abe told me he had booked us for more lessons. This time with the kids and at Winter park resort.
Cassidy was old enough to start right away with the snowboard. One day and she is already as good as me. She loved. it. I was surprised when her class showed up on the same run as mine. Kid have no fear. They just learn faster I guess.

Luke, however, had to start with the Ski's. I can't even begin to describe how cute he was. Tiny little guy!
Cassidy was old enough to start right away with the snowboard. One day and she is already as good as me. She loved. it. I was surprised when her class showed up on the same run as mine. Kid have no fear. They just learn faster I guess. 
(Cassidy & Her Daddy)
Luke, however, had to start with the Ski's. I can't even begin to describe how cute he was. Tiny little guy! The weather was not as nice. It was rather cold & blowing. Which makes it feel even worse. I saw quite a few snow twisters even. I was glad my kids had face masks. BURRRRR!!!!!
The mountain was also busy. We should have known. The day after a holiday. What were we thinking?


John was not old enough yet. You have to be 3 years old to start. He got to spend the day in the day care. But He had a good time. Next year he will be on ski's Look out everyone on the slopes. He will be fearless and dangerous. Grandpa Charlie named John a Wolverine. & for good reason. It fits that kid.
It was a great family day. They all want to go back. I'm happy to say I'm not as sore. I guess that means I'm getting better. We already have our next family trip planned. Next time will be with Grandpa Charlie & Grandma Deby. We are going to Vail. It should be fun.
This is Cassidy & her teacher getting on a lift.
2 comments:
Wonderful pictures. These were not all the ones Abe e-mailed me so it was great to see the kids on the slopes. Can't wait to go with them in March. Charlie
How fun, I am glad to see you are learning. It gets easier every time you go even if you only get to go once a season. That baby making business and kid stuff sure does get in the way. And Cassidy looks like she had a blast.
Post a Comment