Thursday, December 18, 2008

New friend


So yesterday while running out. The kids and I saw a raccoon sitting  under our neighbors car. It was so cute. Later after Abe got home he told me there was a raccoon in the garage. How did it get in? Sure enough it was there. HUGE!!! in our recycle bin licking the can of puppy food. He/she  was not worried about us That is for sure. He let me get too close. By the looks of is he/she is not starving either. FAT! Maybe a soon to be mom? I have no idea. I wouldn't let Abe shoot it. He wanted to. He used lots of  excuses. That they carry all sorts of germs that can kill our dogs. He also has heard story's of them getting into boats to live and have babies. On and on he went. But is just couldn't let him do it. I told him that if it came back, then he could. 
Imagine my surprise when this morning after taking Cassidy to school Sweetheart started barking at our front door. I thought that maybe it was a Package by our door. So as I started to walk towards the door.  I almost bumped right into the Raccoon. It made a bed in our bark right by our front door. I felt like it was saying Surprise! I'm moving in. He / she didn't seem at all surprised by me or the little dog barking at it. Just looked at us. I was worried then about the safety of Sweetheart. That Huge animal was 3 of her. I quickly took her and inside and closed the Garage before it could come in for seconds of the recycle bin. I was Glad that Abe was at work. I would have had to sick to my end of the deal. Instead I called animal control who came and picked it up for us. A little to easily I might add. It must have been sick. Before they got here I heard a knock on the door. It was a package and the delivery man didn't even notice the animal, I then realized it wasn't going away. So I got my camera and took a couple pictures.




1 comment:

Charlie and; Deby Miller said...

So glad you saved that racoon from the mean hunter!